Apply by: Wed, Apr 18
We’re seeking a part-time staff-person at our San Francisco office for 25 hours a week, Mon-Fri, 12:30–5:30pm.
An important characteristic of our team is that we support each other’s work and value collaborating to further the vision and mission of Dancers’ Group.
Apply for a position with Dancers’ Group if….
- Organizing information to support artists
- Advocating for yourself and others
- Posting to Social
- Paying attention to details
- Receiving feedback on your work
- Motivating others
- Dance-makers from diverse practices/backgrounds
- Cultural Equity
- Learning new things
- Solving problems with technology
- Opinions different than your own
In a typical day, you might:
- Greet artists who call or come into the office
- Respond to questions about Dancers’ Group
- Discuss priorities in the office
- Field an inquiry about advertising
- Brainstorm ideas for future events and programs
- Get interrupted by a co-worker or artist with a question or request
- Edit calendar listings
- Problem solve as a team
- Take on /or learn a new task
- Proofread emails that go out to members
- Talk about a performance you attended
- Take breaks, laugh, stretch
- Dance is part of your life!
- Computer savvy (software we use daily includes: WordPress, Filemaker, Word, Excel, InDesign, and Google Drive)
- Add new perspectives to a diverse team
We look forward to hearing from you if you are enthusiastic about Dancers’ Group’s vision and mission.
To apply: compose a letter stating how you see yourself contributing to Dancers’ Group’s programs and services and how the part time employment will fit in with your other responsibilities. We also want to learn about your past/current work and/or creative achievements.
Send a letter and a work/creative history (as a PDF) to email@example.com
Pay: $18 hour, with prorated sick time, vacation and holiday hours after 90 days of employment.
Dancers’ Group encourages applicants representing diverse backgrounds that include—but are not limited to—age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.