Sept 2018 – June 2019, Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays between 3:30pm & 7pm.
Shawl-Anderson Dance Center, Berkeley
Shawl-Anderson Dance Center is seeking a Youth Hip-Hop instructor for ages 5-17 for the 2018/19 school year. This position is for a teaching artist who is versed in past and current hip-hop techniques, classroom management, excellent communication skills, and the ability to teach to a wide range of student ages and abilities. The Center serves as a school for youth and adults (ages 1-80+), a performance venue, an artist residency space, and a community hub for Bay Area dance. The youth program consists of over 75 classes a week with over 20 teachers. Each teaching artist is valued as vital team player to our rich learning environment, and the candidate should be excited to be a collaborative member of our community.
Teaching responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Preparation of class material in advance
– Teach level appropriate material in a non-competitive atmosphere
– Choreograph class presentations for end of semester performances, sharings and showings
– Attend staff meetings; take advantage of professional development offerings
– Interact and communicate with co-teachers to build community and professional growth
– Additional responsibilities upon application
Contact: Youth Program Director, Katie Kruger: firstname.lastname@example.org