Join the Dancers’ Group team as a part-time program assistant—20-25 hours a week.
An important characteristic of our team is that we support each other’s work and value collaborating to further the vision and mission of Dancers’ Group.
Apply for a position with Dancers’ Group if….
- Organizing information to support artists
- Advocating for yourself and others
- Receiving feedback on your work
- Motivating others
- Dance-makers from diverse practices/backgrounds
- Cultural Equity
- Learning new things
- Solving problems with technology
- Opinions different than your own
In a typical day, you might:
- Greet artists
- Respond to questions about Dancers’ Group
- Discuss priorities
- Brainstorm ideas for future programs
- Get interrupted with a question or request
- Data Entry into Filemaker Pro
- Problem solve
- Take on /or learn a new task
- Proofread emails
- Talk about a performance you attended
- Take breaks, laugh, stretch
- Dance is part of your life
- Computer proficiency (software we use daily includes: WordPress, Filemaker, Word, Excel, InDesign, and Google Drive)
- Add new perspectives to a diverse team
We look forward to hearing from you if you are enthusiastic about Dancers’ Group’s vision and mission.
To apply: compose a letter stating how you see yourself contributing to Dancers’ Group’s programs and services and how the part time employment will fit in with your other activities. We also want to learn about your past/current work and/or creative achievements.
Send a letter and a work/creative history (as a PDF) to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Friday June 21, 2019
Pay: $19 hour, with prorated sick time, vacation and holiday hours after 90 days of employment.
Dancers’ Group encourages applicants representing diverse backgrounds that include—but are not limited to—age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
44 Gough St. Suite 201 San Francisco, CA 94103