Kizomba & Rhythm
What we teach: Kizomba, derived from the traditional dances Semba (Angola) and Pasada (Cape Verde) among others, is a sensual partner dance coupled with music from Angola, Cape Verde and the Caribbean primarily sung in Portuguese or French Creole.
Why we teach: Our chief goal is for dancers, especially Kizomba dancers, new or improver, to learn to experience a different dance each time, especially when dancing with the same partner to the identical song.
Like most dancers, dance is leisure so:
– Have fun
– Make the dance your own
– Listen to your dance music over and over until you are very familiar
– Dance with EVERYONE in the dance community
– Turn your mistakes into possibly your signature move
– There is one leader, the music, and two followers:
– First follower follows the music
– Second follower follows first follower and the music
– Rhythm is key to a successful dance
Instructors Christopher & David Epperson hold a Masters in Education.
3105 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705