As the Technical Director (TD) you oversee the operation of our theater and studios. You make the show go on! By working directly with our artists and producing staff, you bring productions to life on our stage and in our studios. You take pride in your professionalism, are quick on your feet, and can make reasoned decisions under pressure. You possess technical expertise and are not afraid of a little hands-on maintenance. You enjoy a dynamic work environment with a diverse clientele and public. You are reliable and hardworking and have a passion for the performing arts.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, solid technical theater skills, and the desire to participate in shaping the evolving character of a lively and growing arts organization. Familiarity with the Tenderloin neighborhood is a big plus!
We value the flexibility and perks of working at a small arts organization, and we think you will too. Here are the details:
– $45,000-50,000 annual salary depending on experience and weekly hours, 32-40 hrs/wk for a 40 week work year. Limited or no programming from mid-December to end of January and late-June/early-July to mid-August. Able to take off weeks when CounterPulse is dark throughout the year. (Also willing to explore 52 week work year, and in general structuring this role to fit for the right candidate).
– Typically schedule includes onsite work on Monday and Thursdays; Oncall work on Friday and Saturday during show time; other mixed remote and onsite work depending on production needs week-to-week.
– Schedule is flexible week to week. Weekend and evening availability occasionally required; on call support for tech weeks a must if emergency/troubleshooting needs arise.
– 100% Health and Dental Benefits
– Commuter Check available, pre-tax
– Free admission to events at CounterPulse and other Bay Area theaters
– 10 hours/month free rehearsal space
– Generous holiday, vacation & sick leave policy
– Ongoing training, networking, and professional development opportunities
80 Turk St, San Francisco, CA 94102