Community Resource Manager
Join the Dancers’ Group team as a part-time or full-time staff-person to support the vision and mission of Dancers’ Group.
The Community Resource Manager reports to the Executive and Program Directors, and works closely with staff and the Board of Directors. This new position offers an excellent opportunity for someone with three or more years of experience working for an arts organization and is interested in contributing their skills as they grow and learn with our creative and dynamic staff.
Dancers’ Group has a collaborative work culture in planning and implementing public programs such as Bay Area Dance Week, the Rotunda Dance Series, and ONSITE. The Community Resource Manager will also support Dancers’ Group’s Fiscal Sponsorship program and resource-sharing to the dance ecosystem.
Apply for a position with Dancers’ Group if….
- Dance-makers from diverse practices/backgrounds
- Cultural Equity
- Learning new things
- Solving problems with technology
- Opinions different than your own
- Organizing information to support artists
- Receiving feedback on your work
- Motivating yourself and others
In a typical day, you will:
- Greet artists who call or come into the office
- Problem solve as a team
- Get interrupted to support a co-worker or artist
- Process data into Filemaker Pro
- Take on a new task
- Talk about a performance you attended
- Take breaks, laugh, stretch
- Experience in platforms we use daily: WordPress, Filemaker, Word, Excel, InDesign, and Google Drive
- Bookkeeping or other financial experience
To apply: compose a letter stating how you see yourself contributing to Dancers’ Group’s programs and services and how part-time or full-time employment will fit in with your other activities. We also want to learn about your past/current work.
Send the letter and work history (as a PDF) to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Monday, October 15, 2018
Pay: $18-22/hour depending on experience and full or part-time employment (benefits include sick time, vacation and holiday hours after 90 days of employment).
Dancers’ Group encourages applicants representing diverse backgrounds that include—but are not limited to—age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.