As of 1/2/2020 —Dancers’ Group is not accepting applications to the Fiscal Sponsorship program. We are in a period of assessment and hope to re-open the program soon.
Check back – and secret hint …members (free and paid) will receive an email update once we start re-accepting applications to the fiscal sponsorship program .
Dancers’ Group’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program provides administrative support and guidance to choreographers and dance organizations, working in a variety of disciplines, so that they may produce community and performance projects; and ensures funding agencies and contributors that donations and grants received on behalf of the artists/projects are well-managed and funds are disbursed according to the grant proposal and their guidelines.
Dancers’ Group fiscally sponsors over 120 artists and companies. To support a project, click here.
Dancers’ Group will consider projects for sponsorship if they are:
- Dance, including multi-disciplinary works or projects
- Serving community needs
- Serious in intent and well-planned
- Responsible about proper reporting to funding sources and to the IRS
- Showing potential for future development
As a fiscally sponsored project, Dancers’ Group will provide:
- Sponsorship of grant applications and administration of grant funds through a pre-approved grant relationship
- Formal acknowledgment to funding sources of all contributions and monitoring of expenditures to ensure that they are in keeping with the original proposals, contracts or funding letters
- Staff consultation on writing of grants and on final reports to funders
- General guidance about possible funding sources
- Access to grant deadline calendar
- Assistance with securing liability insurance ($150 per certificate)
- Access to Dancers’ Group non-profit bulk mail indicia
Fees & Benefits
Upon acceptance in the fiscal sponsorship program an annual fee of $85 is due at the time a contract is signed between Dancers’ Group and the project. In addition to the ability to raise funds for your project, fiscally sponsored projects receive:
- Quarterly finance statements sent to you
- 10 issues a year of In Dance delivered first class
- Link to the Grant Deadline calendar
- Advertising discounts
- Weekly E-Bulletins, featuring auditions, jobs, free & discounted tickets, national news and more
As of 1/2/2020 — Dancers’ Group is not currently accepting applications to the Fiscal Sponsorship program.
Please check back for updates to when the program will re-open
Still have Questions?
Resources for Information About Fiscal Sponsorship
For a directory of fiscal sponsors, see: fiscalsponsordirectory.org
For the book on fiscal sponsorship: Greg Colvin, Fiscal Sponsorship: Six Ways to Do It Right, Study Center Press (1993, rev. 2005) Includes a table comparing Models of Fiscal Sponsorship
For a synopsis of Greg Colvin’s book, go to his website: fiscalsponsor.com
For a comparison of “Starting a 501(c)(3) Organization with Using A Fiscal Sponsor (Model A)” see: Sponsorship Comparison
For another guide to Fiscal Sponsorship go to the Grantspace by Candid website: grantspace.org
For Guidelines to Practices in Fiscal Sponsorship, visit the National Network of Fiscal Sponsors
For information on non-profit legal practices, visit Gene Takagi’s Blog: nonprofitlawblog.com
For article in Grantmakers in the Arts Reader: “Fiscal Sponsorship is a Growing Field,” by Melanie Beene: Article