Job & Fellowship Opportunities
Join the Dancers’ Group team as a part-time or full-time staff-person—Monday through Friday. In-person (as safe) and virtual work.
An important characteristic of our team is that we support each other’s work and value collaborating to further the vision and mission of Dancers’ Group.
Office and Technology Systems Manager
This is a new position with Dancers’ Group. The Office and Technology Systems Manager will work with the executive director and artist and community resource managers to create and revise systems as well as identify and engage consultants that will implement technology efficiencies. Over the next one to two years the following projects will take place:
- Create plan for a new Dancers’ Group website that will capitalize on ease of use and sharing information and resources
- Evolve operations that continue to support in person and virtual work and move towards a paperless office
- Work with our FileMaker consultant to implement updates that support fiscal sponsorship
- Organizing and digitizing Dancers’ Group’s archives
- Updating office manual
- Review and compile data for Annual Report
- Strategic planning with staff and board
Apply for this position Dancers’ Group if….
- Organizing online information to support artists
- An attention to details
- Motivating others
- Dance-makers from diverse practices/backgrounds
- Cultural Equity
- Learning new things
- Solving problems with technology
In a typical day, you might:
- Discuss priorities
- Support a co-worker on a task or project
- Review statistics and data for grants and annual reporting
- Take on /or learn a new task
- Talk about a performance you attended
- Take breaks, laugh, stretch
- Dance is part of your life
- Computer proficiency (software we use daily includes: Google Workspace, QuickBooks, WordPress, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Writing reports with numerical data that create a story
- Add new perspectives to a diverse team
Dancers’ Group understands that folks looking to engage in a new job are seeking flexibility: work environments are evolving and we are interested in finding out how someone wants to work; Part-time? Full-time? A combo?
Work Schedule & Compensation: hourly or salaried employment with Dancers’ Group will be part of the interview process with a minimum starting pay of $39 an hour with sick time, vacation and holiday hours. And salaried staff receive full medical and dental coverage.
To apply: compose a letter stating how you see yourself contributing to Dancers’ Group’s programs and services and how employment will fit in with your life/activities.
Let us know if you’re able to work at Dancers’ Group’ San Francisco office. Do you want to work full-time or part-time? We also want to learn about your past/current work and/or creative activities.
Send a letter and a work/creative history (as a PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: Fri, Aug 12, 2022
Dancers’ Group encourages applicants representing diverse backgrounds that include—but are not limited to—age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
Dancers’ Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We look forward to hearing from those that are enthusiastic about Dancers’ Group’s vision and mission.