Mon, Feb 11, 6:30-8pm
Google Community Space, SF
DG Member Discount: Want to see this content? We want you to, too! Login or Join as an Individual or Company Member. Resources and notices for auditions, jobs, grants and discounts are a BENEFIT to our PAID members. To upgrade your membership or to join for the first time click here. Individual and Company Members do not have access to resources for fiscally sponsored projects. To learn more about fiscal sponsorship, click here. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE for Dancers’ Group’s fiscally sponsored artists (email email@example.com for code)
Join Dancers’ Group and Jaime from Oakland-based Treehouse Taxes as she walks through the complexities (and simplicities) of filing taxes as an independent contractor or sole proprietor.
Topics will include:
- What is taxable income? (1099’s vs W-2’s, Venmo, Kickstarter, and other types of income)
- How to treat money received from a fiscal sponsor?
- Does the new tax law affect me?
- What expenses are deductible? (from Accounting costs to Zip car rental)
- Should I pay quarterly estimated taxes and how do I figure out how much?
- The ugly stuff and how to avoid it (penalties, interest, liens, etc.)
- Should I file on my own? Yes! no? Maybe.
There will be time built into the workshop to answer your specific questions, too.