Author Archive | Community Submission
[not-level-vistors]PBT Studios, San Mateo
Peninsula Ballet Theatre is hiring experienced and enthusiastic ballet teachers all levels for our growing conservatory.
Please send resume of dance and teaching experience to Gamato@peninsulaballet.org
[not-level-vistors]Sun, Jul 29; August TBA, 1-3 pm
PBT Studios, San Mateo
Peninsula Ballet Theatre is announcing Company Auditions July 29 at PBT in San Mateo and Aug date in San Francisco for contemporary and classical ballet dancers including Women with strong pointe skills and men with strong partnering skills.
Season from September 2018 to May 2019.
[not-level-vistors]Sun, Jul 15th, 1:30-3:30pm
The Caroline Liviakis Dance Company is looking for dancers for several exciting projects for the upcoming year!
Performance Opportunities :
– The encore performance of the company’s debut evening-length work There’s A New Kid In Town (October 20, 2018 LEVYdance Studio)
– A dance film to be submitted to several dance film festivals in San Francisco and Los Angeles
– The company’s second evening length work: The Potential (date TBD. Estimated sometime in March 2019)
– Various dance festival and collegiate guest artist performances
– 2-6 Females
– Ages 16-40
– Strong and precise technique
– Bold stage presence and the ability to use facial expressions while dancing
– A large range of stylistic ability (especially in: contemporary, hip-hop, and ballet)
– Dancers who are regularly available nearly all day Sundays, who have flexible schedules, and who are ok with varying rehearsal times and days
Looking for company dancers and mentees. Company dancers are paid project/performance stipends. These will be presented as an offer after the audition. Can’t come to the audition but still want to be considered? Questions? Please contact by email.
Wed, Aug 29, 6-8pm
With Twin Walls Mural Company, the Turk Street mural—Tenderloin: Stay Rooted—is UP! Take moment to celebrate the work of the artists, community members, and partners who came together to make this mural happen. Meet the artists, grab some food, and hang out in front of CounterPulse and check out the mural. There will be some food, feel free to bring a side dish to share as well. RSVP if you can make it and if you plan to bring food to share! This event coincides with Block Fest in the Gallery right inside the building!
Contact: Justin Ebrahemi: email@example.com
[not-level-vistors]Mon-Tue, Oct 29-30
Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles
DG Member Discount: $180 off, just select Dancers’ Group.
Early Bird Special: 3 tickets for the price of 1. Register by: Tue, Jul 31
Sometimes life (and business) throws us curveballs. That’s why they are coming together right now to collectively think outside the box office and blaze new trails for revenue generation: with fresh, hands-on interactive exercises, more of the vital content our Arts Reach delegates love, a special Digital Marketing Track and powerful programs with luminaries like Bob Harlow, who is sponsored by The Wallace Foundation.
[not-level-vistors]SF Dance Gear, SF
SF Dance Gear aims to serve the Bay Area dance community by providing a versatile selection of dance shoes, apparel, and accessories for all types of dance and creative endeavors. Looking for personable, creative, and hard working people with both dance and customer service experience, committed to our mission of providing customers with an enjoyable dancewear/shoe fitting experience. You should be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and have fun at the same time. You are highly motivated, proactive, and are able to work both independently and as part of a team.
You are approachable and can interact with a diverse group of people, including children.
Requirements: Experience in a fast-paced, retail or customer service-oriented business with an understanding of sales principles and customer service practices. Solid communication and interpersonal skills. Friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus. Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner. Availability to work flexible shifts. Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand 8 hours. Full or part-time.
Please email a resume and details regarding your dance experience.
[not-level-vistors]Fri–Sun, Oct 19–21
Epiphany Dance Theater is searching for personable and theatrical Lead Tour Guides for the production of the 15th annual San Francisco Trolley Dances. This is a one time contracted part-time position for the following dates: 10/13, 10/19, 10/20, and 10/21.
– Lead walking day time performance tours on time and on schedule
– Direct tour audience of all ages, assessing appropriate pace based on ages and abilities of group
– Ensure tour safety as route traverses throughout a set route from Mission Bay to SoMa, boarding N Line MUNI trains
– Conduct demographic survey during tours
– Report to Managing Director and Welcome Coordinator
– Comfortable with being animated and theatrical and speaking to a large group with environmental noise
– Able to guide several tours on foot
– Well spoken / Fluent English
– Professional customer service
– Works well under pressure
– Must be available (10/13, 10/19, 10/20, and 10/21)
– Local candidates only
Please send resume and cover letter expressing interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Annamarie Santos, email@example.com